Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 13... and more!

A few really rough sketches for today... I've been busy working on a freelance gig at the moment, so haven't had a whole lot of time for the sketchbook, but I'll post what I can manage. First, some weird guys with some weird eyes...




Also, I just finished reading the new book, Winnie the Pooh: A Celebration of the Silly Old Bear, which is basically a "history and art of" the Winnie the Pooh films.


It's a great book, detailing how A.A. Milne's characters came to be, why the "real-life" Christopher Robin didn't actually like Winnie the Pooh, and how the characters eventually came into Disney's possession. It has lots of cool concept art, story sketches, and animation drawings from the classic films and the new film (although not quite as much as some other "art of" books), and has made me very excited to go see it next week. Anyone who loves art and animation, or even just Winnie the Pooh in general, should definitely check it out.

It got me excited enough for the new film that I've been drawing the Silly Old Bear all day.


Winnie the Pooh is ©Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment